Spencer Holmes Company History

The origins of Spencer Holmes Limited commenced in 1959 and 1960 with the birth of independent partnerships of land surveyor Sir Holmes Miller, and structural engineers Martin Spencer and Ken Climie, respectively.

These independent partnerships joined in 1970 to become Climie, Spencer and Holmes Miller.

The company became Spencer Holmes Miller Partners Limited in the mid 1980’s.

The company of Spencer Holmes Limited was formed in 1997, and today has a continuous 56 year history in core civil, structural and surveying projects. Professional planning and resource management services were added in 1999.

Spencer Holmes Limited continues to have a strong association with Wellington, and also continues to undertake work throughout the country serving our longstanding and new clients.